Friday, September 12, 2008

“I have a black belt in karate.” “Yeah, but do you have a black belt in 2x4?”

What I’ve been thinking about lately:

Pro: I get to play a solo in the Broadway stage show.
Con: I’ll be playing that show, and the Las Vegas show, three times each a week for the next two months.
Verdict: I want to dress up like Slash for my last Broadway show, then after the solo just walk right off the stage. Maybe break something for good measure.

Pro: I get to play guitar every night.
Con: I’m a traffic director for the general emergency drills. This means I have to wear a life jacket (a small one at that) with a blue cover that reads "traffic director" in bastard-ugly orange and supposedly direct people down to the life boats.
Verdict: If I have to look like Ralph Wiggum for half an hour a week to do this, I’ll do it.

Pro. It’s kind of funny that Palin was announced the day before I went to Alaska.
Con: I’ve had an endless amount of passengers ask me if they can get anything with Palin on it at the ports.
Verdict: It’s not funny anymore.

Pro: Mexico in two weeks.
Con: Mexico for two months.
Verdict: I’m going to Mexico in two weeks. For two months.

Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad you posted again! Seriously about the Palin thing. I'd just start scowling and people and saying "Democrat, sorry. Would you like an Obama sticker instead?"

What does your flight schedule look like when you head down to Mexico?

Ernest Backus said...

Pro: I like this format.
Con: You're no good.
Verdict: I'll be updating my blog soon, but if I don't by the end of the week, you can harass me to your heart's content.